Thursday, July 17, 2008

M.A.R.T.





Deer blog,

My membership package from the Minnesota Association of Rogue Taxidermists. What is rogue taxidermy you ask?

Well, I found an article about them in Maxim sometime in highschool and it's always been in the back of my mind. Putting together freak animals and oddities. I don't want you to think I've been hiding things from you, blog, but I've held a secret interest in taxidermy for the last 4 years or so. Between all the trips to Gander Mountain, animal pelts, and bizzare animal displays it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone really. I feel like ideologically I totally connect with this art movement, which has often been toted as being "too weird for even the weird galleries."

I guess now I'm slightly more legitimized in my animal collection hobby, and who knows blog, maybe someday I'll even get some recognition for it! Probably not! In any event, I'mm looking forward to the big M.A.R.T. meet and greet party here in Brooklyn in November!

Here is my membership certificate and some examples of their work.

No comments: