Friday, January 25, 2008

OBESITY IS OUT OF THIS WORLD!



Dear blog,

I got the cover of The Reporter this week! Isn't that exciting? the topic this week is obesity and as usual I put my own spin on it. This is the first major assignment I've used my markers for in a long time and i think my skills are a bit rusty. I'm not pleased at the lack of contrast, as that is what cover work is generally about, I think. I really need to become more skillfull in my use of black and large, dark shapes. My stuff gets too linear and mid-toney :(

2 comments:

Mom said...

Really cool cover. Typical Greg style. I don't know much about technique, but you know I'm your biggest fan. I really like the layover technique you tried. Always enjoy looking at your work.
I love you
Mom

Matt said...

Great job Greg. I am glad to have helped ya out.